For NACCHO Resources
Important COVID-19 resources from NACCHO and other sites:
“ Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are at increased risk from COVID‐19 due to a range of factors associated with higher rates of non‐communicable diseases and a lack of access to health services in remote communities.
To fill the gap, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) have demonstrated their capacity to deliver scientifically valid, evidence‐based and culturally translated COVID‐19 prevention messages.
The ACCHO sectors’ understanding of population health has led to a strong history of culturally centred health promotion and social marketing materials.
Even before the World Health Assembly declared COVID‐19 a global pandemic (11 March), ACCHOs and their peak bodies had developed messages for their communities.
The ACCHO sectors’ communications on COVID‐19 have been produced in addition to their usual service delivery and using existing funding.”
Dr Mark Wenitong and Dr Summer May Finlay
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an evolving global health concern.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions are at higher risk. For current advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) click here.
- 30-minutes COVID-19 infection control online training module for healthcare workers in all setting. It covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19 available here.
- Since 28 January NACCHO Communiqué has published over 100 COVID19 posts
IMS would like to thank Raylene Gordon CEO Awabakal ACCHO Newcastle , her staff and board of directors ( pictured below ) for choosing our 100% Indigenous owned medical supply company for all their #COVID19 purchases over the past few months.
For ACCHO Affiliates and Stakeholders
- AH&MRC COVID-19 Resources
- AMSANT COVID-19 Resources
- AHCWA COVID-19 Resources
- QAIHC COVID-19 Resources
- AHCSA COVID-19 Resources
- Winnunga Nimmityjah COVID-19 Resources
- VACCHO COVID-19 Resources
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
- Gayaadhuwi Resources
- Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services COVID-19 Resources
- Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin Resources
- COVID-19 Resource for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Professionals (PDF)